Today’s Belleza Moda Magazine recipe is the Curried Chicken & Vegetable Couscous from Becel. The Couscous is a traditional Berber dish of semolina, which is cooked by steaming. It is traditionally served with meat or vegetable stew spooned over it. It’s a staple dish throughout the North African cuisines of Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, and Libya, as well as some other locations. This dish puts a new spin on the traditional couscous with the addition of curried chicken and vegetables.
Curried Chicken & Vegetable Couscous
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Recipe serves: 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) curry powder, divided.
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin, divided.
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Knorr® OXO® 25% Less Salt Chicken Bouillon Sachets
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) raisins
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) couscous
- Toss chicken with half of the curry and cumin.
- Heat Becel® Oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Brown the chicken until it’s no longer pink, then set it aside.
- Add onion to the skillet and saute over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add OXO, water, broccoli, red pepper, raisins, chicken, couscous and remaining curry and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Make sure to follow Belleza Moda Magazine for more information and to keep up to date with our latest posts.
Official Website: www.bmmag.ca