Today’s Belleza Moda Magazine recipe is Chana Masala, a popular Punjabi dish in Indian and Pakistani culture. The main ingredient in Chana Masala is often chickpeas. It’s generally very dry and spicy with a sour citrus note. Today’s Chana Masala recipe is from Becel. Make sure to visit their website here if you want to check out more recipes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Recipe serves: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste Margarine
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) of ground chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp. (6 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) curry powder
- 1 can (240 mL) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cans (470 g. ea.) chick peas or garbanzos, rinseanddrained
- 2 ttsp. (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan and cook onion and zucchini until crisp-tender (should take around 5 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and brown sugar and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in chick peas.
- Simmer covered until heated through (should take about 10 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve dolloped with Greek yogurt.
Make sure to follow Belleza Moda Magazine on our social media accounts to keep up to date with our latest posts.
Official Website: www.bmmag.ca