Today’s Belleza Moda post is going to be a decadent dessert recipe courtesy of Midwest Living. This dessert is perfect for satisfying those sugar cravings you get every once in a while. Unlike other dessert recipes you find online, you can create this with ordinary ingredients that most of you have in your cupboards. If not, the ingredients are easily accessible and affordable from your nearest grocery store. Now, onto the dessert recipe.
Serving Size: 6 servings (feel free to adjust the ingredient portions at your own discretion)
Time to complete: 15 minutes
- 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate milk or milk (2% and higher is ideal)
- 2 – 3 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 4-serving-size package instant chocolate pudding mix (any kind is fine)
- 1 & 1/4 – ounce envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 2 cups strawberry halves and/or banana chunks (or any other fruits you would like to include)
- Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces, chocolate sprinkles or chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the milk and coffee crystals. Stir and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes so the coffee crystals dissolve into the milk.
2. Gradually stir in the pudding mix and dessert topping mix. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds – 1 minute, or until the mixture is moistened. Then, proceed to beat the mixture on high speed for 4 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy. Spoon the mixture into six serving glasses and top with any fruits chosen (strawberries, bananas, etc.) If you want, you can garnish the mousse with chocolate pieces as well for a extra flavour and aesthetics.
3. Chill or serve immediately and enjoy.
For more recipes, make sure to check out midwestliving.com and follow Belleza Moda magazine on our social media accounts. Also, comment below on what topics you would like us to post on in the future!